1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Trying to uninstall !!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Jay-Stew, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jay-Stew

Jay-Stew Thread Starter

Hi, I am trying to uninstall Cyberlink DVD solution 5.0, Their tech support told me how to uninstall it manaully...but I still have it showing in my ALL PROGRAM'S list. They told me how to remove it from the registry, how to delete from the C: files, but it is still on the list. When I put mouse on it in all list, the program open's up to select Power DVD, Mulit media launcher , and UNinstall all. When I try to accesss any of these I get no reaction from the cpu.When I click Power DVD it saya Missing shortcut, seraching. Is there a way to remove these, are they removed properly, is this a big deal? Can someone please help?

2. MediasWayne

MediasWayne

Why don't you just right click the program folder and delete it? If youve deleted the registry entries and removed it from add programs then all you have to do is the 1st sentence stated above. Not all programs uninstall cleanly.

3. TOGG

TOGG

Sounds like it's just an irritation but,if you're determined to try and get rid of it, try Add/Remove Pro. It's free and seems to have a routine to deal with leftover entries in the Programs List; http://www.superwin.com/freeware.htm

I haven't actually used this function myself so make sure you read all the instructions carefully if you decide to try it.

4. Jay-Stew

Jay-Stew Thread Starter

O.k here is what I did , I have removed all the registry entries, removed all file's from the cpu and I went to the all program's list, right clicked on the program, deleted it now it's not there. I also did a search and nothing showed up.So I guess that's it...? It was really an annoyance to look at in the list. If anyone know's anymore let me know. Thanks !!!

5. bkpeck

bkpeck

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!