1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(solved) Turn off Outlook Express receipt notification

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pfoerste, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pfoerste

pfoerste Thread Starter

When I send e-mail the receiving person has to OK a question that I want to be notified that they received my e-mail.
    I don't get this notification, but I would like to turn it off so they don't have to respond to the question.

I thought I had seen a check box for this, but I cannot find it.

Thanks for any help.

2. Moby

Moby

I'm assumimg you're using outlook express, if not ignore this.
    In outlook express, tools, options, receipt tab, uncheck request receipt for read messages box.

3. pfoerste

pfoerste Thread Starter

Moby, Thanks got it fixed.
    That is what I was looking for and could not find. I think I was looking for it from the tool bar of an e-mail, because I was not even getting close.

Thanks again.:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!