[SOLVED] Turning off dial up sound????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

snoluc

Don't know where to begin to find the file that controls the sound for dial up. Even when I turn all other sound off, or very low, the dial up is so loud & I would like to eliminate it.

Hoping someone can help me out,
Thanks,
snoluc:confused: :confused: I am operating windows Xp home edition.

Begin in the manual.
The manual you got with the modem will describe how to adjust/turn off the sound.

snoluc

Originally posted by mad-martin:
Begin in the manual.
The manual you got with the modem will describe how to adjust/turn off the sound.

Not sure if I understand you, "manual" please explain further???

But thanks for the reply,
snoluc

snoluc

Thanks all,
Found the info I needed from the site you posted CyberTech.
Took me awhile, but I finally succeeded.
Appreciate your help one & all,
snoluc:) :) :)

According to 'the Little Oxford dictionairy' a manual is "book of instructions, reference book; organ keyboardplayed with hands not feet"
I meaned the first. :)

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Took me awhile, but I finally succeeded.
That's great! Just remember how you did it! If you need to troubleshoot your modem you may want to remove that ATM command.

:)

snoluc

Originally posted by cybertech:
That's great! Just remember how you did it! If you need to troubleshoot your modem you may want to remove that ATM command.

:)
Please, don't confuse me any more than I am!!!
I will leave as is, & if future problems arise, I will call on you guys again to help me out.

Thanks
snoluc:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online