1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: TV audio from my Compaq

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doncomp, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

Right now I'm listening to a German language program about Hitler, Himmler and Eichman through my computer! Last night it was a program about Long Bow Archery.

I've disconnected my cable input, disconnected my external speakers, there are no processes running. The audio is coming through the computer's speaker !

WTF ?!

2. Sponsor

3. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

I found a 650.exe process running inwindows task manager. Ended the process and audio from my computer stopped !!

I guess this came with some download....maybe a CNET Download...

4. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

Did not solve problem...keeps coming back...where did this come from??

5. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

How is your computer connected to the TV? You most likely would have to connect your computer sound output to the TV Sound input if there is one. If not then you will get no sound on your TV only Picture and the sound would come from the computer. You could always connect to your home theater system if you have one.

6. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

I thought I made my self clear. OF COURSE THE COMPUTER IS NOT CONNECTED TO A TV. Don't you think I'd know that?
    I said.... I've disconnected my computer from the cable (you know, the internet) and
    I've disconnected my speakers. The TV Audio (I assume it's TV by the type of audio sound coming out of my computer speaker, for instance, "Now look at this long bow..." or an announcer describing Himmler meeting Churchill)....

Why am I having to explain this??

I am getting unknown audio thru my computer and I can't seem to find any process running or there is no program in my Start menu, nothing in my CD, no TV connections, no radio or antennae...

7. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

It was your thread title that confused me. Sometimes the speakers can pick up signals from interference that will give you audio. I had thought you were watching the show from your computer connected to your TV. Have you tried relocating the computer temporarily to a different location? Sometimes a move of only a foot or so works.

8. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

Thanks. Well, I can try that. I did hear that 'long ago, and far away' modems sometimes picked up radio stations. No that didn't work. Hope you're not funning with me.

What also is very irritating is it is not constant, on for a few minutes then off. Also it randomly decides to play something, and it is not the same thing, it has even repeated sometimes.

I've got an updated spyware and McAfee, and Ad-Aware

9. dustyjay

dustyjay Jay

No actually I was not funning you. Do yu have a dial up modem in your computer? I do, for my FAX program. Usually the signal picked up like this is a radio signal and not TV. But it could be from a TV signal if you live close enough to a commercial TV Broadcast tower.

10. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

No, it's not a dial-up. I have a cable modem. Besides, like I said, I get the audio from my computer even with my cable disconnected. irst thing I thought. I called my cable company and was about to get hot with them until I unplugged the cable and still had the audio.
    Don't think a station would be causing this after 23 years living here and going thru about 6 computers.
    The only thing, following the adage about 'last thing I did to my computer', was install Google Earth and Google Earth Update. Why don't you load that up and see what happens? :>)
    Altho, I don't know why it would do this but I think I'll delete it.

11. Doncomp

Doncomp Thread Starter

Mystery is solved, I think.
    Haven't heard a peep since removing two USB camera cables (one connected, one not) from the top of the computer !!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/829381