1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: TV to Laptop DVI problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nath1194, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nath1194

nath1194 Thread Starter

I WAS running Vista and could simply connect up my TV and PC through a DVI/HDMI cable.
    Since then, I have installed W7 and now the connection won't set up. My TV just reads 'No connection' when I change it to the correct input. I have tried reverting back to Vista but it still won't pick up input from my PC.
    I have also since bought a new cable, just in case, and still no luck! Have also tried all 3 of the different HMDI input slots on my.
    I have also tried updating what I think is the driver, but I already have the latest version so can't be that! Unless I've got the wrong driver.

Any ideas?

2. ringowheelin

ringowheelin

Its an HDMI to DVI adapter cable? wich end is in the PC? THose cables are risky because seemingly no one realizes there are two versions of DVI, analog, and digital, they look identical except the long pin on the analog has two pins to either side of it. Anyway, I assume you have messed with your resolution settings?

3. nath1194

nath1194 Thread Starter

Yeah it is.
    No, it won't even recognise the TV is there as an external device so can't change anything.

4. ringowheelin

ringowheelin

but your old one used to work? if so switch back to it, or compare it with the new (on the DVI end) to be sure the pins are eactly the same. If their not exactly the same you need to get one that is, or use the old one if it worked and you dont suspect it of being faulty. That probably wont solve the problem, but its easier to solve one problem than two combined :)

5. nath1194

nath1194 Thread Starter

Yeah, it USED to work. Doesn't now. Niether the old or new do and they are exactly the same.

6. nath1194

nath1194 Thread Starter

Bump
    Still need some help

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You neglected a very important part, you never mentioned which laptop you have and as a side effect we have no idea what graphics card it has. Please post the the exact model of the laptop you have.

8. nath1194

nath1194 Thread Starter

Sorry, newbie mistake!
    Acre Aspire 7720

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  10. nath1194

nath1194 Thread Starter

Works a treat now! Thank you very much!

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You may want to install some of the other drivers as they may add or improve functionality as well over the base drivers.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027380

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice