1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Twain Tracker window? And many more glitches! I'm so confused!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Palacemanager, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palacemanager

Palacemanager Thread Starter

I've had some serious issues that finally resulted in me buying a Maxtor lll external HD to back up by system and then restore my computer to original, which I did yesterday. Now I'm having trouble getting back to where I need to be. One error message that continually comes up is a "Twain Tracker window apdproxy.exe-unable to locate the component." Application failed to start because ijl15.dll was not found. This started after I installed my HP 900 printer. So I'm assuming that is what it's related to. I uninstalled it and tried reinstalling it again and it does the same thing.

Also, There is an icon on my desktop that is an HP share to web upload folder that I want to remove and when I right click it to delete it my whole computer freezes up. This is what was happening before I restored it.

I also want to organize my computer much more efficiently than it was before. I want to be selective as to how I put things back on to it from the back up external drive. As yet I haven't figured out just how to do that, or if I even can actually do that or if I just need to do that after I put it all back onto my computer.

I purchased a "premium" service package - $450.00 from Comp USA just a year ago when I bought this computer. 30 days after I bought it, the store here in my city closed and now they are closing all of the stores nationwide. The tech support is from a 3rd party supplier and they are not interested in giving good help they just want me to reset my computer instead of trying to fix it! I wonder if other people have gotten screwed on this same deal?!

2. steveie85

steveie85

My suggestion is be firm with the tech support company. Tell them the problem and tell them that you have already done what they have suggested and that it has not worked. If they insist that is the problem then tell whoever you have on the phone you would like to speak to there supervisor. Be firm and always use little words, they don't understand them big ones!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670094

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice