Solved: tweak internet speed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

carlo_scute

Good day Experts,

Im applying for a adsl line w/ up to 354kbps upload speed.
I'm just wondering if there are software programs to tweak the internet speed
or make it faster/more efficient. I heard of changing the MTU.
Need your advise on this. Maybe some links also.

Or bottomline - keep the default settings on my pc ?
Thanks!

(The future setup btw is a modem to my pc w/ built-in network card, no routers, no other devices.)

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
I really don't think this is an issue with Broadband Internet. But, that is just my personal opinion. I pretty much get the stated upload and download speeds that my providers says I will get. sometimes it is a little slower during heaving traffic in the afternoon but most of time I am downloading at 3Mbps and uploading at 384Kbps.

Right, typical protocols such as http/ftp/irc/ssh won't benefit from any "tweaking" with the line rate you're speaking of.

You can download tcpoptimizer, but you'll find that it won't make much of a difference unless you're trying to "fill" capacities >5-6mbps across a latent link.

carlo_scute

Thanks for all your replies..

Bottomline as I understand O111111O, and Squashman
is to keep my settings as is..right'
no tweaks, period.
and security software on all times.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts