1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Tweak IV

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Driller 59, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Driller 59

Driller 59 Thread Starter

I am Currently Using Windows Vista Ultimate Edition x32. i installed Tweak IV about a week ago and have recently removed this program from my computer due to problems but it left the problems on my computer and i disabled windows restore before installing. My problem is that when i attempt to close any of windows programs that are preinstalled for example Internet explorer or Explorer i receive a message saying this operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. I have tried system properties, control panel, administrative tools, and even gpedit.msc and nothing seems to work??
    my suggestion to anybody who uses windows vista DO NOT USE TWEAK IV

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Chances are that you changed permissions with TweakVI. You should use the same program to reverse the changes since they do not all perform their "tweaking" by the same methods.

I have been using all versions of TweakVI since the first and have had no problems with it. It is a good idea to read the help about each change before making it.

3. Driller 59

I reset all the setting before i removed Tweak IV And rebooted as well after i reset the settings even when i log on as the administrator it gives me the same problem:confused:

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Then you probably are infected. post a log from HijackThis in the Malware forum for analysis.

5. Driller 59

I have just run a HijackThis scan it came up clean i also scanned my computers registry and it came up clean. i have been looking through my registry and have found nothing even close to being related to the program

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice