1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Tweaking needed iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 564D3

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lapid, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lapid

lapid Thread Starter

Hello, Ive had this PC for about a year, now its getting a little bit slow to load apps, thing like firefox or games, Id like to improve it, when I run the windows tool for improvement, it gives me a low score because of my harddrive, im thinking about replacing it my self, ive never done anythings like that, any simple Doityouself guide / video tutorial you can recommand me, and what type for harddrive should I look for ... ?

Ive run tools like auslogics boot speed, several defrag, I use about 1/3 of the harddrive maybe. I try thing to run it smooth, any other ideas ? increase memory also ?

Also ** I want to change the fan, since I bought it its the only down I can say about this PC, its really noisy , any idea what I can replace to make it run quietly, the sound is similar to a vaccum sometimes lol..

thanks

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7221312&CatId=4928

iBUYPOWER Gamer Power 564D3 Gaming PC - AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.0GHz, 4GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, ATI Radeon HD 5570, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Replacing a hard drive is pretty easy. First of all, are you intending to clean install windows or do you intend to just clone your existing drive? Different procedures [once disk is installed] so we need to know.

Next I have had very good luck with the coolermaster 212 series of hsf. Keeps an overclocked fx8350 running in the low 30s normally and up to 55C when running prime95. In addition it is almost silent when just doing basic stuff. When stress testing you can hear the fan however it is not bad at all.

Note these are pretty big so you need to make sure there is enough room in your case.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

One other item. Are you intending to install a ssd or a regular mech hard drive?

4. lapid

lapid Thread Starter

Id like to replace the grey box in the pic, its very noisy, how can I tell what model fits ? any parts ? and what is this part anyway.

Second, Im also thinking about replacing the two fans that are in the same pic, im not sure either what they are, I think a cooling fan + motherboard fan ?

Let me know where to look for the compatible model, how to do it, some videos, I have my anti static tool, so I just need to know where to start and im really new to this. thanks!

Attached Files:

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    The Gray box appears to be your power supply. There should be a label on it somewhere listing the manufacturer and model number.

6. Simba7

Simba7

What score is it giving you now?

..also.. What hard drive is in your system?

*eyeballs PSU* What kind of PSU is that?

7. lapid

lapid Thread Starter

Its a PX-480RPF power supply, I think its powermax, I did a quick google search, but I cant find any info on it from the manufacture

I was thinking about getting this one, for the price/quality, and it seems silent,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...33330X911644X7f6f4981c02e7b4328405f7910b0a53f

How can I tell what powersupply will fit ??

Besides that I have one fan for my 3dcard, one for my motherboard, I dont think I can replace these ? without changing the motherboard or card

Also the fan thats in the first pic Ive added before, I can probably replace it for a more silent one

8. Simba7

Simba7

Change the power supply first before anything. Any good PSU will work, just make sure it's >600w.

9. lapid

lapid Thread Starter

10. lapid

lapid Thread Starter

Anyone know a good calculator for my pc or whats the max i can have and what are the risk

11. Simba7

Simba7

Ultra.. Nope. Especially at 78% efficiency.. Ouch.

Do not go cheap on your power supply. Remember, this is powering your entire system. If it goes, it can take your entire system with it. I've seen it happen (severe overvolting on different rails).

It's bad when your 3.3v or 5v rail is getting ~12v.

12. lapid

lapid Thread Starter

ok I dont get what your saying, is it good or not ? when you say ultra nope and ouch ?

and what rail are you talking about ?? the one on my actual pc or the one on the ultra psu is bad for my pc

13. Simba7

Simba7

Both are bad. You want at least a quality 80 Bronze PSU.

Go with Corsair, Enermax, PC Power & Cooling, Seasonic, etc.

14. lapid

lapid Thread Starter

Hmm k , i already bought it, anyways it should be protectect for highervolt, its not cheap for the price

15. Simba7

Simba7

You spent that much on a 5 year old power supply?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085955

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice