1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Twitter- how do I clear all followers or start new account?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bj nick, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I use Twitter only once a year for a few days, to send tweets to parents at my school while we're all on a 3-day field trip.

I have last year's account, but it still has all last year's followers and I can't delete them; Twitter is so frustrating- I don't want to block them, I want them gone, so we'll have only the current crop of parents following. I just finished clearing dozens of last year's tweets, one by one(!), and now I'm stymied. I would be happy to just dump the account and start a new one.....what should I do? Any advice appreciated!

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. I deactivated the other account and started a new one by creating a new gmail address and going that route. Seems to be working fine. That was the easiest way to go.

Thanks!

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

You're welcome!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice