Solved: Two e-mail questions re: Outlook Express 6

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

manofmarin

IE8-Outlook Express 6

Question 1:

My computer was compromised/hacked this week and a four year old e-mail list that has been systematicly updated was stolen.

E-mails were sent out to the old list under my name with no subject! No one has reported any damage.

How did someone get a 4 year old list of addresses from my computer and when? 4 years ago?

Question 2:

I changed my password today in Outlook Express, and now I get a login window with the password but OE will not direct my mail from the server. What do I do? I changed back to the old password, and that isn't recognized either. An error shows on the screen in the lower right corner

What's the fix?

manofmarin

I called ATT and changed the server password, but I still can't open my mail in OE6

OE6 will not accept the login password

window states invalid user/password error 0x8000CCC92

manofmarin

I've checked all my settings through Att and everything is correct.

same problem, cannot log in on OE6. Is OE6 which I realize is an older program corrupt? and would I be advised to go to another mail program like Google mail?

Help please

manofmarin

manofmarin

C141:

After hours of trying to solve this issue, I opened up Outlook Express and your last post appeared as if by magic!

OE6 is now operating normally with all the error windows and log in issues gone???

I will continue to monitor the situation before marking the problem solved and won't even try to figure out WHY!!!!

Thanks to you and the others for trying to help me with this issue. I did find out that many of the newer mail clients are not compatible with Windows XP which I have, and I do know that Outlook Express is no longer supported nor can be downloaded even if I wanted to replace with a fresh download!

manofmarin

If you would like to try another email client I recommend you Mozilla Thunderbird. Far simpler and less problematic than Outlook.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts