1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Two e-mail questions re: Outlook Express 6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by manofmarin, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. manofmarin

manofmarin Thread Starter

IE8-Outlook Express 6

Question 1:

My computer was compromised/hacked this week and a four year old e-mail list that has been systematicly updated was stolen.

E-mails were sent out to the old list under my name with no subject! No one has reported any damage.

How did someone get a 4 year old list of addresses from my computer and when? 4 years ago?

Question 2:

I changed my password today in Outlook Express, and now I get a login window with the password but OE will not direct my mail from the server. What do I do? I changed back to the old password, and that isn't recognized either. An error shows on the screen in the lower right corner

What's the fix?

2. nikomaster

nikomaster

You need to change the password on your server

3. manofmarin

I called ATT and changed the server password, but I still can't open my mail in OE6

OE6 will not accept the login password

window states invalid user/password error 0x8000CCC92

4. C141

C141

5. manofmarin

I've checked all my settings through Att and everything is correct.

same problem, cannot log in on OE6. Is OE6 which I realize is an older program corrupt? and would I be advised to go to another mail program like Google mail?

Help please

manofmarin

6. C141

C141

7. manofmarin

C141:

After hours of trying to solve this issue, I opened up Outlook Express and your last post appeared as if by magic!

OE6 is now operating normally with all the error windows and log in issues gone???

I will continue to monitor the situation before marking the problem solved and won't even try to figure out WHY!!!!

Thanks to you and the others for trying to help me with this issue. I did find out that many of the newer mail clients are not compatible with Windows XP which I have, and I do know that Outlook Express is no longer supported nor can be downloaded even if I wanted to replace with a fresh download!

manofmarin

8. nikomaster

nikomaster

If you would like to try another email client I recommend you Mozilla Thunderbird. Far simpler and less problematic than Outlook.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice