1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Two files can't delete

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by rkselby98, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

I have a virus on a laptop and have two files that can't be removed.

I've tried Killbox and that won't remove them, and I've tried unlocker and that won't disable them so they can be deleted.

Tried in safe mode and normal mode same thing.

The files are:
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\commdlgl.dll
    c:\windows\system32\actxprxyu.dll

Has anyone run into these files and if so how do you get rid of them?

OR

Anyone have any ideas how to remove them? The only other thing I know to do is boot to recovery console and delete them that way but don't have a disk to boot to for this laptop at this time and would like to finish this one up as quickly as possible.

Thanks for any help.

Have a great day.

Have a little more info on this, it is the Delf trojan. Tried several removal programs but no help.

Tried going into the registry to delete the registry entries for this and permission not granted. Won't let me change permission so I can delete the registry entries connected to this trojan.

Can't end task for the files, can't delete the files, tried safe mode still no go. This thing takes up 100% of the resources and has changed the windows shell file and one other file in the system32 folder, forgot what the name of it was but it is one of the main files needed for windows to run. In order to get the name of this file I will have to run another scan and the last scan after 5 hours only scanned a little over 4,000 files before I finally gave up and shut it down.

AVG can't clean these files and when it removes them they recreate themselves as fast as AVG removes them.

Not sure what else would help as for information needed but I really don't want to do a repair install or format this computer for there are over 16 gigs of programs on it and the owner isn't going to be happy if I ask for the install CDs because he doesn't or won't know where they are. So repair or format are a last resource.

2. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

3. rkselby98

rkselby98 Thread Starter

Problem solved. Went into the recovery console and delete the two files.

Then rebooted and as I did a new virus installed. I removed that file but found the AVG didn't work as it should so I had to remove AVG and reinstall it.

Just finished rebooting, running a new AVG Scan and ewido scan and all is clean.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697038

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice