1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Two network IDs from my router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by caliaa, Jun 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. caliaa

caliaa Thread Starter

Hi. I saw some similar posts but apparently in those cases, the problem fixes itself. So I waited and waited, but it's been two months and I can still see that second network ID. I can't see anything about it from 192.168.1.1, so how do it get rid of it and can leave it there be problematic? FYI, the second network shows up as unsecured but when I click on it, I can't connect to it.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Tell us which network is the "first" one and which is the "second."

3. caliaa

caliaa Thread Starter

Problem solved. It turned out that somehow I turned on a old router when I stored it and all this time it had been transmitting.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

That's kinda unique. :D:D

Thanks for letting us know. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058954