Solved: Two problems-touchpad won't work and can't open Update and Reciovery in Chang

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gma51

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-B5201 running Windows 8.1. Security is Panda Antivirus Pro 2015. I also have AdBlocker Plus.

I have been trying to fix a problem with my touchpad. It will only work long enough to move the cursor an inch or two. I have had to add a Mouse in order to use my computer.

During start up, I see a message on the lower right hand of the screen saying important updates are available and I should upload them. I go to Settings, Change PC Settings, Updates and Recovery,Windows Updates. The page won't load.

I have tried many things on the net from people with the same problem, however, these have not solved my problems. Can you help?

Pat

First, your touchpad is gone defective, so you will need to replace it or just not use it.
Second, try to open Windows Update directly by searching for in in the Start screen, type 'update' in the search box, and click on the Windows Update app directly.

Gma51

Actually, while waiting for a reply I borrowed a friend's mouse to negotiate laptop and fixed the problem myself. Updates are also working correctly since I did a refresh. Thank you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online