1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Two problems-touchpad won't work and can't open Update and Reciovery in Chang

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Gma51, Apr 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gma51

Gma51 Thread Starter

I have a Toshiba Satellite C55-B5201 running Windows 8.1. Security is Panda Antivirus Pro 2015. I also have AdBlocker Plus.

I have been trying to fix a problem with my touchpad. It will only work long enough to move the cursor an inch or two. I have had to add a Mouse in order to use my computer.

During start up, I see a message on the lower right hand of the screen saying important updates are available and I should upload them. I go to Settings, Change PC Settings, Updates and Recovery,Windows Updates. The page won't load.

I have tried many things on the net from people with the same problem, however, these have not solved my problems. Can you help?

Pat

2. CleaverX

CleaverX

First, your touchpad is gone defective, so you will need to replace it or just not use it.
    Second, try to open Windows Update directly by searching for in in the Start screen, type 'update' in the search box, and click on the Windows Update app directly.

3. Gma51

Gma51 Thread Starter

Actually, while waiting for a reply I borrowed a friend's mouse to negotiate laptop and fixed the problem myself. Updates are also working correctly since I did a refresh. Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!