1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Two problems with photos

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by loricherokee, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loricherokee

loricherokee Thread Starter

VISTA, IE8
    Week ago I opened DVD-RW disk with hundreds of family photos. I created folders to organize the photos to make them easier to find. When I opened the DVD 3 days ago all the folders were gone; only a few individual photos I had not moved to the folders were still there. I downloaded CD Recovery Toolbox. It found all the missing photos, indicated they were saved. When I opened Recovery Disk file only photos in it were the few that had not been lost. Don't know if I screwed up while trying to organize the photos or another problem.

Yesterday I opened the Pictures file. Several folders of pictures have mysteriously disappeared. They were all there on Fri (Xmas Eve). I wasn't even home yesterday so I don't think I caused this mess. I have TuneUp Utilities 2011. I tried restoring the missing photo folders. Program said it found & restored 488 photos but I only found a few pics. When I tried restore again there were many photos listed as restorable in good condition but when I tried to restore them I get msgs. that they are already in a new file that I've never seen or created & one I can't find. Many of the missing photos are in other files including Blurb Booksmart. Problem w/Booksmart is that each photo has to be retrieved & renamed individually - over 400! Help will be greatly appreciated. :confused:

2. loricherokee

loricherokee Thread Starter

Is everybody still onChristmas vacation? The photos on the disk are apparently gone altho I don't know why. I'm still hoping the photo folders that were in Pictures are still recoverable. Would really appreciate some help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice