1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Two Worlds Epic Edition Pc Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by CallMeBooToo, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CallMeBooToo

CallMeBooToo Thread Starter

I loaded the game on my computer, when I clicked to play this is the error message
    "an error has occurred while initializing direct 3d. Insufficient graphics card properties or configuration/driver problems causing this. Try running game in safe mode(-safemode excution parameter)"

I am running windows xp home edition service pack 3

directx version 9.0c

Intel (r) 82915g/GV/910 GL version 6.14.0010.4764

I am an older person - never bought or downloaded a darn computer game before I hope the info provided will allow someone to solve my problem.

I found this site just today and so far very impressed by it ease of use, thank you for that

P.S. I have no idea what safemode is and don't believe I want to know. I will just toss the game

Thanks Again

C

2. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    Safe mode is a boot procedure that allows you to boot (startup) your computer with only the bare essentials being activated. It is used to help determine problem areas. I believe your problem is your graphics card may not be capable of running the game or the drivers that the graphics card requires in order to run the game may need to be updated. If the graphics card is incapable of running the game then you will have two choices.
    1. Purchase and install a new card capable of running the game in the computer (this is not an option for most laptops)
    2. Remove the game from the computer as you suggested you may do.
    You may want to consider that when asking for assistance that the readers will need your computers full specifications in order to analyze the problem(s). In other words, if you have a car problem, simply saying "can someone fix my car, it doesn't run" will not help identify the specific problem and why it doesn't run. There are a number of knowledgeable forum users here and someone may be able to provide more help to you with a bit more information.

3. CallMeBooToo

ALWRMC - Thank you for your reply

I thought the info I did provide - Running Windows XP, SP3; Direct X Version9.0c and Intel 82915G/GV/910 GL Version 6.14.0010.4764 was the relevant data as I thought the error message had something to do with the graphics thing.

I have an HP Pavilion a630n
    512MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory
    160GB 7200RPM Serial ATA hard drive
    Intel graphics media accelerator with 128MB shared video memory
    Processor speed 2.80GHz, 1MB L2 cache, 800MGHz front side bus

How do I determine if I have latest versions and if not where would I go to download them?

Thank You

P.S. It seemed my first message annoyed you some - sorry about that:eek: no need to reply if this one does also

C

4. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    Your system appears to meet the basics for the game. The graphics card it has is rather basic, as are most "built-in or motherboard" graphics cards. The game website seems to indicate the graphics card must support "shader 2.0" and I cannot verify that the graphics in the computer does that, but I will assume that it does.
    Updates for your machine: Go to www.hp.com
    About halfway down the screen you will see "Software & Driver downloads" Click on that.
    The next screen will require that you input the model of your machine "HP Pavilion a630n" and then click on the small double right arrow box to the right.
    The next screen shows which operating system your machine uses (Windows XP), Click on that.
    The next screen shows a listing of all the updates available for your machine. It lists them out and also provides a bit of information about each one. You may be interested in the Audio driver, BIOS and down under Original Drivers the "Summer 2004 original graphics drivers collection"
    A bit of advice.....you may or may not need any of these. They may already be installed and you would need to verify that before bothering with any of this.
    The BIOS update can be a potential problem for sure. When you boot up the computer there should be a brief screen appearance that shows the BIOS version currently installed. If the version you have is V3.28 then you would not need to download/install the update.
    Your post did not annoy me, sorry if you got that impression. The deal is there are a lot of folks who neglect to provide or simply do not understand that when dealing with computer problems more information is almost always needed. My wife for example will tell me that her "picture is not right". When I query her she does not have the technical vocabulary to adequately describe it. So I have to get her to show me what she means. Turns out that a game she was playing changed the resolution and did not reset it.
    PM me if you need anything further on the problem. :)

p.s. I'm an older person myself, 64 and working on 65!!

5. CallMeBooToo

Again thank you for your reply - I have updated everything you mentioned - and all worked fine thank goodness - but the pc game still comes up with the same error message.

I've given up!! lol

Fooling around with things on this computer that I know so little about is very nerve racking - back to solitaire

Regards
    C:D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759402

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice