1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Type (symbols, etc.) in Photoshop CS2

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Lucy16, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lucy16

Lucy16 Thread Starter

I need to use the copyright ©, trademark ™ (and whatever this one is ®) symbols. I can't find how to make them in photoshop. Even tried to copy/paste from word, but it just turns it into a text letter when I paste it. Can't seem to find it in Adobe Help, either.
    Also need to use small numbers and wondered if the only way to do that is to just change the font size on each one?

Also...bullets... It works to copy/paste from word, but it seems like they should be available in photoshop...?

Thank you!!
    Lucy16

2. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

to get those symbols in most font sets you need to use alternate keystrokes ([alt] 0174 to get the ® in arial for example)
    what I would do is open Character Map (should be under accessories in your start menu), then open the font set you are using in photoshop, look for the character you want, click on it, click copy then paste it into your photoshop picture

3. slipe

slipe

All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map. Click on your copyright symbol and it will say to use Alt + 0169. Do that in the numeric keyboard and not with the numbers along the top of the keyboard and the symbol will appear. You can also put the symbol you want in the box in the character map and “Copy”. That will paste into Photoshop.

As far as I know you have to change the font size to change the number size.

4. DarqueMist

DarqueMist

[ALT]0185 gives you ¹ instead of 1
    [ALT]0178 gives you ² instead of 2

but other than getting a number to show like its a numerator I think like slipe said you have to adjust the font size

5. bkdc

bkdc

Heres a little free-bee that will do exactly what you want.

got to Copyrightleft

6. Lucy16

Lucy16 Thread Starter

I ended up with a flu bug that knocked me out for 2 weeks, so sorry for this late thanks...you guys were awesome with your help. You definitely answered all my questions...thank you again!
    Lucy 16:)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/617970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice