1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Typing: IPCONFIG /ALL -- window won't stay open

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Old_Fart, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Old_Fart

Old_Fart Thread Starter

I'm trying to get my new AT&T 2-wire modem/router to work. AT&T has been no help to me at all. Their technical "support" is one of the worst I've ever encountered! I've suffered their inneptness for over 2 weeks, and still cannot get a technician to come to my home! They claim that my DSL service is installed, yet my 2-wire modem/router DSL light continuously flashes red. I can't connect to the internet with it.

So, I'm trying to follow the steps I found on Tech Support Guy that were given to another member (a long time ago).

(Here's the old link that I saved: http://forums.techguy.org/networking/748775-having-trouble-router-newbie.html)

I'm trying to use my MS Windows XP Home Edition to 'run' the command: ipconfig /all

But, the 'DOS' box pops up on my display then disappears after only 1/2 second. Therefore, I can't get the info.

What do you recommend to solve that particular issue (before I post again with my main problem of not being able to get DSL to work)?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You missed the steps about first opening a command prompt window.

"Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD to open a command prompt:"

3. Old_Fart

Old_Fart Thread Starter

I was expecting it to work just like typing "msconfig" (from the "Run..." command).

Thanks. I didn't know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/813818