1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Ubuntu 11.10 (dev/mapper/cryptswap1 ERROR)

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by mohittomar13, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mohittomar13

mohittomar13 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mohit Tomar
    Hi
    I'am new to Linux/Ubuntu and this is the first time that I'm trying to use it.
    Yesterday I installed Linux Ubuntu 11.10 on my system but when it boot up and the screen with ubuntu written on it appeared there also came an error at the bottom of it...

There it was written "The drive for dev/mapper/cryptswap1 is not ready yet or not present"...

Before installing Linux I did a bit of changes in my BIOS... what I did is, I reseted the bios settings to default by going to option "Load Optimal Defaults" hit F10 saved the settings and restarted my system. After this I carried on with my installation. (y)
    One thing more.....:)
    while installing Linux i checked "Keep Home Folder contents private" (something like that i guess).... and when the installation was complete and i was asked to restart the system i got this error message.

So is this a major error that will going to cause more system errors or instability in the future or it is alright and i shouldn't worry about it...????

Any help will be greatly appreciated....:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice