Solved: Ubuntu Mint 64 bit Live CD Resolution Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xico

I was going to put the 64 bit Ubuntu Mint on my laptop, but I wanted to check it out before I installed it. I tried to change the resolution from the default 1200 to 1024 x 7??--instead a got a mishmash of colors in a smaller resolution, but I couldn't read anything--not even to change it back to the default. This is a KDE desktop. Finally, I just shut the machine down, took out the cd and rebooted into windows 7.

Is this a bug, or is it normal that you can't change the resolution on a live cd?

Thanks,

xico

Hi xico,

Check out the Linux Mint Forums, and search for "how to change screen resolution" or "screen resolution" for help on this issue. Note: it may be dependent on your graphics card. I would also search for a "Linux Mint User Guide".

-- Tom

xico

Hi xico,

Check out the Linux Mint Forums, and search for "how to change screen resolution" or "screen resolution" for help on this issue. Note: it may be dependent on your graphics card. I would also search for a "Linux Mint User Guide".

-- Tom
Ahh yes! The graphics card! Probably! Thanks for the link! I'll do that. (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online