1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Ubuntu Mint 64 bit Live CD Resolution Problem

Discussion in 'Linux and Unix' started by xico, Apr 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

I was going to put the 64 bit Ubuntu Mint on my laptop, but I wanted to check it out before I installed it. I tried to change the resolution from the default 1200 to 1024 x 7??--instead a got a mishmash of colors in a smaller resolution, but I couldn't read anything--not even to change it back to the default. This is a KDE desktop. Finally, I just shut the machine down, took out the cd and rebooted into windows 7.

Is this a bug, or is it normal that you can't change the resolution on a live cd?

Thanks,

xico

2. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Hi xico,

Check out the Linux Mint Forums, and search for "how to change screen resolution" or "screen resolution" for help on this issue. Note: it may be dependent on your graphics card. I would also search for a "Linux Mint User Guide".

-- Tom

3. xico

xico Thread Starter

Ahh yes! The graphics card! Probably! Thanks for the link! I'll do that. (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/916475

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice