1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: UMAX Astra-3400 Scanner Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by angelize56, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

Hope this is in the right forum! :) I just tried to install a UMAX Astra-3400 Scanner.....when I run the scanner test for it it states: "Can't Find UMAX Scanner". :confused: It is listed in the "Add/Remove Programs" in my control panel. Earlier during installation it stated "Important .dll missing". How do I tell what component is missing? I am using the original installation CD. The UMAX logo is in the taskbar but has a red X across it. Thanks for any help! ") Take care! angel

P.S.-You are supposed to configure the four buttons on the scanner by right clicking the logo in the taskbar...but that option isn't listed like it should be in the pop-up.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. Tapeuup

Tapeuup

angel, what OS?

4. angelize56

5. angelize56

I had a Microtek Scan Wizard 5 but can't get it to properly uninstall...could that be why my pc doesn't acknowledge the UMAX scanner. See screenshot.

Attached Files:

• scan.jpg
      scan.jpg
      File size:
      81.3 KB
      Views:
  6. Tapeuup

Tapeuup

have you tried to install it again? if not then try that with the power on the scanner.

7. Tapeuup

Tapeuup

a glass of water should cure those hic-ups :D

8. angelize56

I uninstalled the UMAX and reinstalled it...the power stays on by itself as I can't configure the power or other buttons as it says the scanner isn't there! When I do the "test Scanner" it still says it can't be found! :comfused: Also...the "Important .dll missing" is a Microtek Scanner alert? Now I'm totally :confused: ;)

9. Mulderator

Mulderator

Uninstall the UMAX software. Reboot. Reinstall the Microtek Scan software, then uninstall it. Reboot. Reinstall the UMAX software. Make sure you close down all programs running in your system tray while doing this.

10. Tapeuup

Tapeuup

and if that don't work, the cable may be bad or the scanner is defective, do you have a spare cable you could swap out?

11. Mulderator

Mulderator

What makes you think that? That may be the case, but more often than not its sofware probems that cause Windows not to be able to find a scanner.

12. angelize56

Hi Mulder: One more problem with the Microtek install...it can't uninstall itself....see screenshot....:(

Attached Files:

13. Tapeuup

Tapeuup

experience, and a suggestion.

14. Mulderator

Mulderator

That's fine, you can use Windows uninstall. The reason i said to reinstall it is because sometimes when you do that, then the unistall wors when it didn't before. Did you reinstall it? Try that and then try uninstalling to get rid of it.

15. angelize56

I swapped out the cables first thing...the one now on the scanner is definitely alright! :)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/398219

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice