1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to access background colors on ANY browser

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Andreajen, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Andreajen

Andreajen Thread Starter

Hi. My computer works perfectly. My mother's, however, is derelict. I have installed three browsers--Navigator, IE and Firefox. All three, when we open the browser and choose to view a page, say excite.com where you can choose a color palate, she just has default colors. So, we go to Tools, Internet Options, Colors, and make sure all the little boxes suggesting Use System Colors, allow websites to display their own colors, underline links, etc. all are checked. In fact, I can make my computer behave the same way hers does if I uncheck those boxes. I have unchecked them, checked them, rebooted, refreshed, googled the problem, changed her security settings to match mine to the smallest detail, unchecked her firewall, made sure her McAfee was running and up to date, all to no avail. Any suggestions?

2. Augie65

Augie65

Check this setting.
    Control Panel> Accessibility Options> Display tab> uncheck Use High Contrast.

3. Andreajen

Andreajen Thread Starter

I haven't tried that, and will tomorrow. will post back if it works. thanks for the quick reply.
    Andrea

4. Andreajen

Andreajen Thread Starter

THAT WORKED! Goodness you've no idea how relieved and happy you have made two women in Michigan! I went to PayPal and made a donation. We thank you, and TechGuy.

Andrea

5. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)
    I would like to welcome you both to the forum.
    Come back often, this is a great place to learn.
    You can mark this solved from the thread tools at the top of your post.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594240

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice