1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to boot to Raid0

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bfjacobs, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bfjacobs

bfjacobs Thread Starter

I have an Asus P4P800 SE motherboard set with 2 seagate 120 Sata drives set to Raid0 that I was booting from. Now I am unable to get the pc to boot. I also have 2 other 200 MB drives on the pc that are data only drives.
    The raid shows as bootable, but it will not boot. When I run something like Maxblast it sees the drive with the correctt size, but says it's not bootable.

The other two drives were already in the pc when I set the raid up. They are Maxtor IDE drives.

It's like it's not seeing the raid at all now even though the motherboard says it's bootable.

Oh and it's giving me an error of "file is missing or corrupt \windows\system32\config\system"

Any ideas?

2. erkansus

erkansus

you have a corrupted hard drive you can buy some big apps that can fix it or just toss it out and buy another

3. bfjacobs

bfjacobs Thread Starter

If one of the hard drives is corrupted, and both are showing up in the seagate and maxtor drive tools, how can i figure out which one is the bad one?

4. erkansus

erkansus

ok so how many of your drives have an operating system on them because the one your talking about is corrupt if it cant find a windows file

5. erkansus

erkansus

or you can try changing your bios to boot from cd drive before hard drive insert your windows xp disk and click on the repair function select your drive and it will repair the missing system file this doesnt always work though

6. bfjacobs

bfjacobs Thread Starter

2 - I have a raid0 setup

7. bfjacobs

bfjacobs Thread Starter

It's not giving me any selections to choose from. Dont' know why that's happening either.

8. bfjacobs

bfjacobs Thread Starter

Ok, figured it out. I had to reinstall the raid driver, set the bios correctly and I was able to boot from the raid drive. :D

thanks

9. erkansus

erkansus

no thank you for needing help even though i couldnt fix it lool

also now that its fixed mark this thread solved lol if u want lol (can't force people to do things against there will lol)

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Since the driver was corrupted, I would check your drives with the seatools diagnostic utility. Download this from seagate. If one of the drives of your array is failing, this would explain why you reloaded the driver.

I am assuming you did a repair install and loaded the driver via the F6 prompt. Is that correct?

11. bfjacobs

bfjacobs Thread Starter

Yes I did the repair with the F6 and loaded the driver.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/584026

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice