1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to Connect Thunderbird to RoadRunner Email

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by pcpro17, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcpro17

pcpro17 Thread Starter

Hello. I'm having some difficulty in getting Thunderbird to work with my RoadRunner email account. I'm using Thunderbird v2.0.0.17. I keep getting this error, no matter what combination of settings I try.

I can get it to work with Outlook and Evolution, so I'm really not sure why this won't work. The only thing I can think of is maybe I have the wrong password entered. Unfortunately, I can't find the window to change the password! Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

Uncheck the box to use secure authentication

3. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

Hi pcpro17,

On the Thunderbird main screen, Tools>Options>Privacy>Passwords tab>Edit Saved Passwords button.
    In the Password Manager, click Show passwords to check it. If it's incorrect, highlight it and click Remove. Next time you use T-bird, it will ask for the password again and you can select to remember the newly entered password.

T.

4. throoper

throoper Trusted Advisor

I wasn't sure what RR used, but that's probably the cause. :D

5. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe

RR may accept secure connection (SSL), but most likely does not accept secure authentication.

6. pcpro17

pcpro17 Thread Starter

When I click on Show Passwords, there are no saved passwords. Could this be the problem? How do I fix it? Thanks.

7. pcpro17

pcpro17 Thread Starter

Okay, I think this is solved (for) now. :) Apparently, my firewall had for some reason decided to block Thunderbird. I added it as a trusted application, and things seem to be working now. Thanks everyone! :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756137

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice