1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to connect to POP3 in OE for new messages

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by PAT W, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAT W

PAT W Thread Starter

When trying to check for new messages in OE, a box appears entitled - Logon Please enter user name and password. The password is already there and has not been changed. The server is pop3.lineone.net. The box is checked for remembering the password. The Tasks log shows that it cannot check for new messages and gives an error message( see below.) It can however download all messages from the Inbox.

I have tried picking up my email from the web. The ISP is Tiscali and using the password that I have always used for my email have been able to check for new messages OK.

Error message - There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'pop3.lineone.net', Server: 'pop3.lineone.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR no domain specified or invalid domain specified', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

Can anyone help please ?
    Thanks
    Pat W

2. PAT W

PAT W Thread Starter

I've just found out that it's all down to the ISP having problems - not me !

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice