Solved: Unable to copy paste

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

puter hater

I am unable to copy paste. Unable to do text or graphics. I copy and it comes up blank. I use IE, Did a internet search but can't fine a answer. I'm lost with out the availability to paste!

Download and install HijackThis using the "self extractor". Run it and select "do a system scan and save the log file". Then copy/paste the contents of the log to a reply

http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/hijackthis_sfx.exe

Does the same behavior occur in all User Profiles, or in the built in Administrator account in Safe Mode?

Does the problem exist with text and document files, not just in IE?

Do you know when the problem began, and have you tried a System Restore?

puter hater

Sorry for the delay....the weather here 117 degrees with lightening and thunder over the last few days has been stressful. I almost thought I was in Kansas instead of California. This is the frist opportunity for me to get on the laptop since the post.

I did not think of doing a system restore.
I was unable to copy/paste in anything including IE When the actual problem started was the night before I posted the issue. Nothing was new, no downloads or anything just working on graphics for a new web page.

I did some file clean up this AM then a system restore and the copy/paste functions appears to be working again.

I won't burn your eyes on hijack log you get to see enough of those......everything appears to be working with the system restore:)

Thank you

Great -- lovely when it works! :)

I'm not that far from you and we've had some pretty high temps and muggy weather here as well -- but fortunately no thunder showers. Can't remember anything like this for almost 30 years :rolleyes:

puter hater

How in the world did you miss the thunder and lightnening and rain. I lost electricity 3 times over the last couple days.

The officel temp at work was 117 Saturday...my central air had convulsions and I had it set to 80. I hate the summer!

You are about 60 miles from me but still u missed a show..

It was pretty bad a bit east of here, but in the valley usually only the foothills get the worst of things.

NoHo has a bit of an umbrella being in the valley as such. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online