1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Unable to delete mail in Outlook 6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Brookex, Sep 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brookex

Brookex Thread Starter

Strange problem. I can't delete mail in Outlook Express 6. I've tried copying the Inbox to a new folder and then deleting the inbox. (Outlook will re-create a new Inbox on restart) On restart, I copy the mail from the new folder to the new Inbox; no dice.

Any help appreciated.

2. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

What exactly do you mean that you can't delete it?

While in the INBOX - what happens when you right click a message and hit delete?

What happens when you drag the message to the DELETED ITEMS folder in the folder panel?

When you moved your INBOX folder and OE created a new one.... before you moved the old contents back - was the new one empty? Did you try sending yourself mail to that new empty folder and then seeing if you could delete it? I would check that out incase there is something corrupting the contents of the old folder.

Let us know more!

- Castleheart

3. Brookex

Brookex Thread Starter

When trying to delete a message, either using the mouse or pressing the Delete key, nothing happens.

The new inbox was empty before I moved the old files back.

In the end, I said P.O.it backed everything up ( to the swap file partition, by the way) and re-installed. Working fine now.

Looking back, I had the mail folder in My Documents for easy backup. My have had something to with it, but I don't know what my customer did something untoward.

Thanks for your help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168132

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice