Solved: Unable to do a system restore (XP)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

barjo4

I tried to do a system restore because I suspect something has corrupted. I tried two different points allowed in System Restore and both times the PC went through the process and then I get a message saying it could not restore to that point and that nothing was changed.

One of the issues I am facing is when I press crtl, alt & delete, the box that usually appears (Windows task Manager) doesn't anymore. All I get is a box that tells me what is running. (I hope this makes sense)
Thanks, John

barjo4

Nevermind - I think I got it back - sorry

I still don't know why I cannot do a restore, though.
Thanks, John

1002richards

Retired Trusted Advisor
Hi,
While things are unstable have you taken the precaution of backing up all your docs/photos etc etc to a seperate device ... just in case?

Richard.

barjo4

Yes, I moved pictures to CDs and the Quicken files to a USB flash memory.

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
System restore may have become corrupted.

Clear restore points.
To turn off system restore> right click on My Computer>Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Turn off System Restore.
Apply.
Click OK.

Restart your Pc >back to System Restore.
Create a restore point.

Create a new restore point, click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools.
System Restore.

System Restore wizard>Create a restore point and click the Next button.

Name a new restore point.
Click on Create.

Edit..Note all Restore Points will be lost.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online