Solved: Unable to get a LAN connection after reformatting

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Moose5

Hello all. I just today reformatted my PC and re-installed XP, but it seems I'm unable to get it to connect through our LAN. In device manager it says i have my network adapter driver installed. However, upon some research I found that this is a firewire device, which I don't use for network connections. I think I just have to find out what my actual LAN adapter is and find a driver for it but I'm unsure how to go about that. Help?

Moose5

It's a custom build w/ the following specs:

ASUS P5N32-E SLI motherboard (network cables connect here directly so I'll look for ASUS network drivers in the meantime)

Intel core 2 quad core processor @ 2.4 Ghz

nVidia 8800 GT graphics card

2 gigs of ram

Thanks

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Just to save you some time and grief in the future, if you need to do another format and clean reinstall of XP:

Download and save and then burn off to a CD-R the current XP drivers for your computer's devices.

If you XP CD doesn't contain the SP3 upgrade, download and save and then burn off to a CD-R the full 316 MB SP3 upgrade.

---------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online