1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Unable to install HP Printer software, hpobrt07.exe

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by wallyj, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wallyj

wallyj Thread Starter

A printer (HP psc 950) was inadvertently deleted using the printer delete option (rather than uninstall). Operating system is Win98 SE. After performaing an uninstall of the software using the HP uninstaller I am unable to reinstall the software. I am getting a message that the driver for hpobrt07.exe is unavailable. This message can not be closed. It only goes away during Shut Down with a "not responding" dialogue.

I am unable to install another printer that has never before been on the machine either.

Seems like I need to reinstall something, but I'm unclear what. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

2. JJJecj71

JJJecj71

Did you try going to the control panel and to the printer icon and add new computer through the wizard?

Right click My computer and click on bottom properties and then to device Manager and click the little plus sign that saids ports to see if you have a Port on com? /Printer there.

You will need to make a new one if there isn't one. Then I would then goto the control panel and add hardware and it search and it will say did not find anything is your hardware on the list, say no and manually add a printer port com your self or your software again if it askes do you have disk.

This is how I would do it or steps I would take to see If I can get it back online again.

Next would be the Regedit/registry area and remove it from the Registry to see if that does it for you.

J

3. wallyj

wallyj Thread Starter

I have fixed the problem, thanks for your reply. It turns out that HP is aware of this problem but has a very obscure way of posting the fix. The tech I spoke with was unaware. After downloading and using a scrubber from HP the CD-Rom would not run setup. You have to download the software from (60M) from HP and do a manual install.

4. JJJecj71

JJJecj71

Well I just learned something :)

Ok great glad to hear your up and running.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice