1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to load Volume control on Startup

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Arthas, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arthas

Arthas Thread Starter

Hi there recently changed hard drives on my laptop, everything seems fine but the volume control on the task bar is missing and i have no volume now.

When i startup the laptop an error message appears, "unable to load volume" I can still press Fn + Up key to see it on screen going up to max but no sound is coming out.

Any suggestions.

2. arceus12345

arceus12345

Did you open up your laptop and physically change your hard drive or did u buy an external hard drive? because you might have done something wrong if you physically changed it or did you get someone to do it for you? Do the following: Start>control panel>sounds and audio devices and then tell us if you see your audio device in the window that opens up. If you do then go to audio and select volume and if everything goes fine a window will open up that lets you control the master volume. If you don't, go to hardware and list all of the volume/sound drivers you see there. they will be distinguished by their speaker icon on their left.

3. Arthas

Arthas Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply. Yes i have physically changed the hard drive, took out the SATA 2'5 and replaced it (Laptop). I tried going into the Start>Control Panel>Sounds and Audio but everything was greyed out, couldnt change or do anything in there.

I seem to have it working now though, saw troubleshooting guide online eventally:

"Go to Start > Run and type in: services.msc , and hit enter. Scroll down to "Windows Audio",
    right-click on it and select Properties, set the startup type to Automatic, click Apply and
    then click the Start button."

Thank you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/944186

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice