1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to make bootable windows 7 Home Premium

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 007agentHP, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 007agentHP

007agentHP Thread Starter

Hello i am running Ubuntu 14.04 and wish to create a Windows 7 Install USB and yes i do have a product key to verify. i have used UNetbootin and the drive is formatted to ntfs and have tried fat32. it goes to a gui where the only selection option is default and hitting any key resets the automatic boot 10-0 to reset and when it reaches 0 it restarts. i tried installing through the terminal and throws an error of missing operating system. any possible way would help.

2. 007agentHP

The hardware is a Desktop Acer And These Are My Specs
    this computer one originally had windows installed back in 2012 when i bought it. in 2013 i installed ubuntu, about four months windows crashed and i just formatted the hard drive and installed ubuntu. now i got an external drive and wish to install windows 7 to that drive.
    APU :x2 AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD Graphics
    RAM: 4 GB
    (where i plan to install windows) WESTERN DIGITAL 500gb Hard Drive

and i do have a dvd drive just a read only because when i went to burn, i went on for more than 3 hours before i noticed my drive was read only.

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  4. 007agentHP

as said in the original post i am running ubuntu 14.04.

5. 007agentHP

and before you guys say it the sudo dd command (sudo dd if=/path/to/iso/windows.iso of=/dev/sdb1 bs=4M; sync) does not work either because it throws a missing operating system error.

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
  7. 007agentHP

Yes ok thank you i managed to by formatting to ntfs, and just mounting the iso and copying the files but thank you.

8. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Glad you got it working.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1130950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice