1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to move files to Recycle Bin

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Apocalypsing, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypsing

Apocalypsing Thread Starter

Well, my desktop is a terrible mess, and I'm trying to move most of the files there to the Recycle Bin. But Windows is being stubborn... Ever since I reduced the privileges of all the user accounts on my laptop, and created an Admin account with a password for extra security, I can't move files there any more. :(

[​IMG]

I did a Google search of the error, and found no useful results of relevance to my problem.

Specs:
    4GB DDR2 RAM
    Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.26GHz (2 cores, 2 threads)
    AMD Radeon 3650, 512MB DDR2
    Windows 7 Home Premium x86 SP1

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Right click on the Recycle bin - Properties - what is the Maximum size? If it is less than the 17 GB you are trying to move (plus whatever space is already used) that may be the cause of the problem.

3. Apocalypsing

Apocalypsing Thread Starter

There is no limit on the size of files that can be placed in the Recycle Bin. And I still have over 70 gigabytes of free internal drive space. I tried moving the same files again and it worked later - really weird...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice