1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to open a live streaming chart

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by need2know, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. need2know

need2know Thread Starter

My First Mac - OS X Version 10.7.5

Apologies for explanation, rather tricky to put over

Have an account with a spread betting company where I am able to open up a live streaming chart showing the stock markets charts.
    Has worked fine until today but I can no longer open up chart. It is "powered" by Adobe Flash, which is up to date, but my Mac did an update install last night, could this be the problem ?

Not sure how to reverse the update, if that's what's needed

Appreciate any ideas please

2. robertdamer

robertdamer

3. Headrush

Headrush

On OS X?

need2know, what exactly happens now on that site?
    Is the flash content area blank, does it display a message about Flash versions?

Does the page work using Firefox or Chrome? (Assuming you are using Safari now)

4. need2know

need2know Thread Starter

The only change to the page that I use is that when I click onto the icon (shaped like a lightning strike, obviously meant to be a chart)) that used to open a live chart with movement, it does not open.
    I right click on the icon and it gives me info re the Adobe Flash settings - Version 11,5,502,136 installed - Global Settings with a tick/check next to "Enable Hardware Settings" (which I have unchecked and rechecked)
    I have uninstalled Flash and then reinstalled, but made no difference.
    I am using Safari because it is my default ? but wasn't too sure about trying Chrome or Firefox, do I just add one of these on as my browser without losing Safari ? And if neither works can I uninstall them (new territory for me)

Thanks

5. need2know

need2know Thread Starter

Mac Pro 15"
    Version OS X 10.7.5

6. Headrush

Headrush

Yes, both Chrome and Firefox can be installed along side Safari with no issues.
    Firefox will use the Flash you installed, while Chrome has it's own version of Flash built in.

Both can be uninstalled also by just dragging to Trash.

I'd try Chrome. If it doesn't work there, it's likely something they changed something HTML code wise for the site.

7. need2know

need2know Thread Starter

A Very Big Thank You for your time and info

Installed Chrome and now have charts - off to lose some money now !!!:D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!