1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to open Office 2007 Documents

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Shoebamin, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shoebamin

Shoebamin Thread Starter

In my office we are using MS Office 2000 & Some of our clients are using higher version of office :rolleyes: may be Office 2007. The problem is when we are trying to open these documents in our office it never opened. Is there anybody who can give me the solution for this problem. I know it is a small problem for you all:D. But please help may be :rolleyes: any converter can help me but I don't know which:eek:

Thanks in advance
    :):):):D:D:):)

2. Gerchan

Gerchan

Hey to put it in simple terms word 2007 documents are saved with the .docx extension which is not compatible with earlier verions of word. To solve this problem when saving your documents save them with the .doc extensions which is compatible with Word 2000 in your case. (To do so when you select save as choose Word 97-2003 document)

P.S. I am assuming that your problem is concerned with Word 2007. Needless to say that the same applies for all the other application in MS Office 2007.

Hope that helps
    Gerchan

3. stormyonell

stormyonell

4. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Stormy is right, I see so many Government departments here saying on job sites that their system is not compatible with Office 2007 and to send applications in a earlier office format, I would have through their IT department like the one I worked for would install the compatibility pack.

Its from Microsoft web site and created by them so its safe, if you don’t have access permissions on your computer to install this I would contact your IT department since it is a work computer, so they can add it as an administrator, or install it on your work server if you are accessing the Office program from the server, I don’t know your set up.

But because it’s a work computer I would at least make who ever is in charge of the computers aware of what you have put on, if you are able to, as any IT department needs to be aware for their records of any programs etc installed.

Beanie

5. Shoebamin

Shoebamin Thread Starter

Thank you very much to all of you. You have solved my problem.
    thank you:D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/838111

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice