1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable To Read

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by **__**, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. **__**

**__** Thread Starter

I have a CD game I'm playing, and there's a certain section in the game that when I go to it, an error message appears saying," unable to read 29724 bytes from (the source). wav " Then there are two buttons "continue" and "cancel". When I click either of them, the game turnes off.

How could I fix this problem? :confused:

This problem never happened before. It just suddently started.

System: Windows XP Professional.

Please Note: When I mentioned " (the source) " I meant to say the source of the disk. For Example: D:/sound/wind.

2. Doug Vitale

Doug Vitale

Find out the name of the manufactuer of your sound card. Go to their website and download and install the latest driver specific to your sound card. Use the Device Manager, and the Force.

3. begud4me

begud4me

or re-install the game maybe?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!