Solved: Unable to remove listed program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Benny Bumble

A friend has a listed program (Arcsoft 1.9Mb) that will not go away from the list after cliking the "remove" button in the applet:mad: . The program itself doesn't exist since trying to run it comes up with the "program not found" statement. Is there a method for clearing it from the list?

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

You could edit the registry to remove it but unless you have some knowledge of the registry I would not suggest it.

Is it causing a problem?

Benny Bumble

No, it's not causing a problem, just exasperating not being able to get rid of it.
I'd worry about navigating to the correct registry line I guess.

cybertech

Retired Moderator
I would suggest not to worry about it. You will eventually reload the machine and it will be gone then.

My logic is, if it's not broken don't fix it! ;)

Benny Bumble

What is it that you don't understand Bill? When I use the add/remove programs applet there's a program listed that doesn't exist BUTTT when I clik on the "remove" button, nothing really happens & it still remains on the list!!!

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Sounds to me like it was removed from the device but remains in the add/remove programs list.

Poorly written program.

bicycle bill

Banned
Benny Bumble said:
What is it that you don't understand Bill? When I use the add/remove programs applet there's a program listed that doesn't exist BUTTT when I clik on the "remove" button, nothing really happens & it still remains on the list!!!
OK. I see what you are asking now. You have gotten good advice. Sorry that i bugged you.

Benny Bumble

Thanks to all that have responded. I'll see if my friend is courageous enuf to try the registry stuff (I suspect not, heh,heh) but anyway I appreciate all the inputs.

Coragoeus enough is alright. Try to re-install the app and then reboot and go back to remove it again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online