1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to save Adobe PDF document to Documents file

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by vicks, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vicks

vicks Thread Starter

Hello again!!!! :)

Since d/l and installing Adobe reader 9, I am unable to save a document. If I email the document to myself, then I can save it, but if I try to save it from the original page, when I click on File>save as, I get no response. Any suggestions how to correct this? :confused:
    Thanks..
    Vicks

2. vicks

vicks Thread Starter

I uninstalled Adobe Read and installed Foxit Reader and documents are opening fine..
    VIcks

3. fiona8912

fiona8912

Your case is little bit like mine, my adobe can't save as Word document but text one. There's no drop down options for me to save as doc files. Maybe we haven't download a right version. So I use a PDF to Word converter ro realize it. For the adobe acrobat is expensive maybe you can use the Foxit reader which can edit PDFfiles in more aspects.Of course including save it.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Adobe Reader is NOT designed to save any PDF file as a Word document. The save as text has not been around that long.

The conversion of a PDF file to a word processor, one needs to have a third party converter, or in most cases just copy and paste from Adobe Reader and paste into your word processor.

5. timmy1986

timmy1986 Banned

There are online file converters that can convert pdf to text or whatever file you need.

6. fiona8912

fiona8912

Usually it will lose the layout or graphyics.....blahblah So a converter of lower price is a better choice to high quality retainment

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/962806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice