Solved: Unable to start up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zidanechoo

Okay. I have this weird problem..

Whenever I power on the computer.. There will be this "beep" sound and the monitor will come on with the windows xp loading screen and stuff.

Now, there's no beep sound for some reason. To make it worse, it doesn't seem to start up anymore, the monitor isn't receiving any video input as well. The power is on though. <.<

I'm using Windows XP currently.. Anyone could help? Thanks.

Power is on?
Is the power cable loose at the back, or the switch on the back of the computer next to the power cable turnded off?

Zidanechoo

Yes, the power is on.

Oh.. and to add on to what I mentioned..

Whenever I force shut downed the computer, there will be a short and high pitched "beep" before the computer goes off.

What is "forced shut down" to you?

Have you "been inside" the computer recently to physically add/remove hardware?

Zidanechoo

Well. I'm using a HP computer. Their Force shutdown is pressing and holding on to the power button for more than 5 seconds, then it shutdowns.

And yes, I've recently added a power supply unit.

<Edit> Okay, I've found the problem and fixed it.. thanks for the help.

Please post your fix so others can learn how to fix theirs if they too have this problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online