1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to update Avast antivirus (free version) even after reinstall

Discussion in 'General Security' started by wgreene, Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Tonight I received the following error message when I tried repeatedly, but unsuccessfully, to update my free version of Avast antivirus:

Error processing packages.
    0x20000011

Finally, I gave up trying. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the free version of Avast. The program installed without any problem; however, for some reason I've thus far been unable to install the latest update, either automatically or manually. Although the onscreen indication read "Initializing, please wait," I waited 15 minutes and nothing happened.:(

Shortly thereafter, I received an automatic onscreen prompt from Avast to upgrade, but after one minute I got the following error message:

Last encountered error:
    Invalid File Signature. Setup will terminate.
    :confused:

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who may help me solve this problem. Thank you

2. stantley

stantley

3. wgreene

wgreene Thread Starter

Thank you for your prompt response.

Yes, like you I'm happy to report that I continued trying until the update finally ran successfully. Perhaps it was nothing more than a temporary glitch with Avast.

Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1071332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice