1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: unable to update windows 7 Errors found. Code 80244019

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by OregonFan, May 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OregonFan

OregonFan Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2939 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 7 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 294453 MB, Free - 198524 MB;
    Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC
    Antivirus: Lavasoft Ad-Aware, Updated and Enabled

Windows will not allow me to update. when I try to do so this is what it gives me, "An error occurred while checking for new updates on your computer. Errors found. Code 80244019

2. joe957

joe957

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You need to install the Service Pack 1 upgrade for Windows 7 64-bit before you install any important/recommended updates.

Why is your Toshiba laptop still running the original version?

---------------------------------------------------------

What's the model name and complete model number of your Toshiba laptop?

Note: The complete model number is 2 sets of characters separated by a dash.

---------------------------------------------------------

4. donetao

donetao Banned

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    donetao, support for Windows 7 without SP1 installed ended April 9 2013.
    If you try to update a computer without SP1, you will be told "no updates".

The OP needs to download SP1, install it then check for 2 years worth of patches and updates!
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5842

6. donetao

donetao Banned

OK Sorry plodr. My bad. I knew that. I forgot. I'll blame senility!! I don't understand people turning off windows updates, but they do it all the the time. Thanks for waking me up plodr. I'll try to remember that!(y)
    Updates are patches that protect you. I know some times Microsoft gets it wrong, but We just have to live with that!!:eek:

7. OregonFan

OregonFan Thread Starter

Hi Frank and everyone else,

First thanks for your help in this. To give a bit of background. I haven't been able to update windows since June of 2011. To be clear I never turned off windows update. If I am remembering clear back then windows would tell you you had important updates and you had to click something for them to be updated. I would always click this. Then one day as I did this I started to get error messages. So I spent a number of hours going online trying to get help with the error message, running various virus scans etc and nothing worked. For about a year I would periodically do this and then I gave up. I discovered you guys about four months ago and since you guys have been extremely helpful I thought I would ask for your help. Now to the present.

My model is a Satellite L505-Es5018. I was able to install SP 1. I then went to windows update. It told me that it needed to update for windows update to be able to help me. It did so, but still I got error message 80244019 when I pressed windows update. When I manually pressed search for updates I got a windows error 8024402F.

8. donetao

donetao Banned

9. OregonFan

OregonFan Thread Starter

I live in China, so the internet can be interesting. Just now I put on my vpn and tried to update. With the VPN I'm now able to update. So it seems like I can now update windows. thanks.

10. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Toshiba Satellite L505-ES5018

It did come with the original version of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, so you haven't kept it up-to-date for almost 4 years.

I'm guessing several of your installed programs, add-ons, plugins, etc. are also out-of-date.

-------------------------------------------------------

11. OregonFan

OregonFan Thread Starter

Thanks guys for all your help.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147801

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice