1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to use a Hotmail account

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by BOODA3D, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BOODA3D

BOODA3D Thread Starter

Recently one of my Hotmail accounts must have been hacked, because when I try to enter it, I get a message "It appears somebody else is already logged on". Have two other accounts and they work fine.

Question is, what can I do to enter this unusable account again. Microsoft detected my attempts to get in and sent me a message that they had locked the account and I need to fill out a form to regain entry. Unfortunately, the type of information they want has not been enough, because I do not remember the e-mail addresses of the last 3 or 4 messages I sent out.
    I also do not know the titles of those messages which is what MS wants to verify I am the owner of the account.

Any ideas?
    I have tried Googling the name of one of the people I sent an e-mail to, but every one of those services I encountered sooner or later wanted money for his e-mail address. Since I do not know the person's home address or phone number, have no way of contacting them to send me an e-mail to an alternate Hotmail account. Same thing with the other dozen or so contacts in that account.

Since this has happened, I wonder how safe the other Hotmail accounts are and how I can make a backup of the e-mail
    addresses of all my contacts on them, so that if something like that happens, I am not "Lost in Space".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1108778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice