1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to use clone display on catalyst with svideo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cesm23, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cesm23

cesm23 Thread Starter

I am using windows 7 ultimate 32bits, and catalyst 9.4 (the latest version), and my graphics card is like i said ati radeon hd 4350. The resolution i am using is 1152x864 75hz. I would like to clone/duplicate the current display i have to show in my old crt tv, using a s-video cable, but catalyst never allows me, everytime i try it says that operation isn't supported based on current display configuration and says absolutly nothing else more specific (it says to go to help but i found nothing related to this in there). I have also tried switching the desktop to 1024x768 and 60hz and absolutly nothing changes it STILL doesn't allow clone mode, i don't know what i am doing wrong. The svideo cable isn't the problem as well since i have tried two cables already and they were functioning ok with other devices so i am sure it's not a problem of the svideo cable or the tv itself.

But in replace mode, tv out seems to work ok (even tough it's black and white, but that i can fix later) it only works a single display at a time, even tough i am ONLY using the vga connector in my graphics card and the svideo connector, i am NOT using the dvi connector at all! (and that's all the three connectors that this card has)

I really need is how to activate the duplicate mode because only having the desktop in the tv OR the pc screen isn't usefull to me, i really need the same desktop showing in both displays at the same time, i hope this is possible on windows 7 with this card...

2. cesm23

cesm23 Thread Starter

solved : i read somewhere that i might be using the wrong monitor conector, so i got myself a dvi to vga adapter and i connected my vga computer screen to the dvi connector and NOW the clone function works perfectly!! Finally i got this work, but it's ridiculous that i have a computer screen with a vga connector, and having a vga connector on the card and not being able to use it just because of this problem...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice