1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Unable to use IE

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Ronneth, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ronneth

Ronneth Thread Starter

When booting up computer an information panel headed "pyagcore.search.provider"comes on the screen,with <NULL> and an OK button is displayed. Activating the OK button produces another panel headed "Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library". In this panel, it reads Program C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.Please contact the applications support team for more information.

Using Windows XP Home Edition

2. schinie

schinie

same prob here
    anyone with idea please

3. Ronneth

Ronneth Thread Starter

Shrinie, I have just a few hours ago found out the cause of my problem. It was caused by the Kiwee toolbar which i had installed on IE and messenger.Although difficult to remove,i did find a way. If you have this type of toolbar, i would assume that your problem lies there. I managed to remove mine and now the problem is cleared. Hope this is of some use,please let me know how you get on

4. Ronneth

Ronneth Thread Starter

problem solved by removing Kiwee toolbar from system. Everything now working ok.

5. schinie

schinie

i can't uninstall the kiwee toolbar, it says it has some problems with the installer, so Ronneth pls tell me how you did uninstall it please

6. Ronneth

Ronneth Thread Starter

click on start,
    click on search,
    click on files and folders,
    type in kiwee in box for name of program,
    when list is finally produced,right click on each line and then delete them.
    the items that can be deleted will go into your recycle bin and you will find there are about 3 lines you can not delete.
    empty recycle bin and swich off computer.
    restart computer and all should be working ok. DO NOT RE-INSTALL KIWEE TOOLBAR
    It solved my problem it should solve yours,please let me know......cheers

7. schinie

schinie

i did delete them , but still the toolbar is in my list of programs, when I want to remove it, it still says "there is a problem with this windows installer pakage. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"
    pls help

8. Ronneth

Ronneth Thread Starter

hi schinie,run through the procedure again because sometimes some of the items cannot be deleted until others have been removed. Don't forget to reboot,but if you still have problems,carry out a scan of the registry and that may remove any threads of the kiwee program. Did you originally have a problem operating IE or Messenger, if so are they working ok now with only traces of kiwee on your list of programs.

9. schinie

schinie

hi ronneth,

you were right, after restart i could delete the other files of the kiwee toolbar
    problem solved

many thanks
    ;)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755254

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice