1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Uniblue

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jtisch, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jtisch

jtisch Thread Starter

This company tricked me into downloading it's sampler product f Uniblue that supposedly checks and cleans the registry. Now I cannot get it off my computer no matter what I try, including uninstall through Control Panel. The damn thing starts when I start my computer. I've searched and found the parts of it, transferred them to my recycle bin and dumped the bin. It's still on my computer.
    Can anyone help me? I am really ticked! You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you'd like.
    jtisch

2. randy_california

randy_california

Uniblue Registry Booster should have removed very easily thru control panel add or remove.

If you delete the Uniblue folder at C:\Program Files\Uniblue, it should be gone.

You can go to regedit and delete the registry key
    Click start/ run/ type> regedit
    Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Uniblue
    Right click the Uniblue reg folder and delete.

To just stop it from loading at startup, Click start/ run/ type> msconfig
    Under the Startup tab, uncheck Uniblue or Registry Booster.

3. Goku

Goku

Welcome to TSG jtisch :)

Deleting is not a proper way of uninstalling a program and can cause many future problems. If you want to delete an application, then do it properly:-

Uninstalling Programs Manually
    How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add or Remove Programs Tool
    Uninstall - How do I uninstall a program and ensure it is completely removed?

For your current and future problems, I suggest you use any of the following uninstallers. Some of them are free whereas others are paid. Anyways, they all do the work very well:-

Revo Uninstaller
    Your Uninstaller! 2006
    Ashampoo Uninstaller 2 Platinum
    Smarty Uninstaller 2007 Pro
    Uninstall Manager
    Absolute Uninstaller
    CCleaner

4. jtisch

jtisch Thread Starter

Randy:
    You are a genius, thanks so much. I knew the damn thing was in the registry but I didn't know where to find it.
    john

5. Goku

Goku

Please mark the thread Solved using it from the Thread Tools link on the top of this page. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/602870