1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: uninstall AVG

Discussion in 'General Security' started by technomum, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. technomum

technomum Thread Starter

Please can anyone tell me how to uninstall AVG free programme from a computer running Vista? I am trying to help someone as they have been provided with new antivirus protection from their ISP but AVG will not uninstall so both are running. I checked out on Google and have tried re-installing AVG then running the setup and clicking on uninstall but it always fails. Where do I go now? Is it possible to stop AVG running if I can't remove it?:confused:

2. golferbob

golferbob

did you goto the control panel and look under "add/remove " programs ? it is listed on mine .

3. technomum

technomum Thread Starter

I wrote that it will not uninstall because I have tried using the Control Panel method - it runs the uninstall part but tells me it has failed every time. There is obviously a glitch in the AVG removal as lots of other people have found (they come up when you Google the problem) - I just need to know if anyone has found a different way round it. The AVG site tells you to reinstall then uninstall but the same thing happens.

4. zacke

zacke

Try removing it in Safe Mode.

5. DCLXVI666

DCLXVI666

Try this program out. I think you can find it on the Tuneup Utilities website for a free 30 day trial and it's only 30 bucks to buy. i Originally used it as a program to change my boot skins but after messing with all the other tools that this program comes with It has been a priceless addition to my software arsenal. One of the tools is a program removal tool that will remove anything and everything. I've had problems with various programs not wanting to uninstall via control panel>add/remove programs but this program will remove it all.

6. technomum

technomum Thread Starter

Thanks for all help. Just to let you know someone told me to disable first by right clicking on the tool bar icon. When I did that I shut it down then it uninstalled ok.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648945

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice