1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: uninstall on partitioned drive

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by technomum, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. technomum

technomum Thread Starter

I have an Acer Aspire M3979 with 2 partitioned hard drives. I can see a program on my 2nd drive that I want to uninstall but Uninstall Programs only lists the ones on the 1st drive. Can anyone tell me, please, how to find an uninstall option for the other drive as I don't want to just delete.:confused:

2. pip22

pip22

It maybe that you re-installed Windows (or did a factory recovery) at some time in the past, but did not re-install that particular application, leaving an "orphaned" folder on the second drive? That would explain why it's not listed in "Programs & Features". If that is the case, you can just delete that orphaned folder.

Check the two Software lists in the Registry:
    HKEY_Current_User > Software
    HKEY_Local_Machine > Software

If that application is not listed under either key, then it isn't actually installed. All you have is an orphaned folder.
    If the application is listed under one or both keys, but it's not listed for uninstalling in Programs & Features, you can re-install it and that should give you an uninstaller.

3. technomum

technomum Thread Starter

Thanks for that - sorry I have been unable to get back to you before now but I will try and sort this out asap and will let you know what I manage to do. I am totally confused because I also have an Ask.com toolbar folder on the same drive and this is something I declined to have when I downloaded Foxit reader recently. I seem to have got myself in a muddle at the moment but don't have much time to work on it.

4. technomum

technomum Thread Starter

Aha! I have it sorted. All this confusion started with Adobe Acrobat not printing from web pages and I downloaded Foxit reader - which caused the Ask toolbar to keep trying to enable itself. To cut a long story short, I took my IE settings back to basics which removed add-ons, then I uninstalled Adobe and Foxit, rebooted then re-installed Adobe Acrtobat - and wonder of wonders, not only have I managed to find and uninstall the Ask toolbar but my pdf files will print out at last. Thanks again for offering me help - I got there in the end!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice