Solved: uninstall on partitioned drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

technomum

I have an Acer Aspire M3979 with 2 partitioned hard drives. I can see a program on my 2nd drive that I want to uninstall but Uninstall Programs only lists the ones on the 1st drive. Can anyone tell me, please, how to find an uninstall option for the other drive as I don't want to just delete.:confused:

It maybe that you re-installed Windows (or did a factory recovery) at some time in the past, but did not re-install that particular application, leaving an "orphaned" folder on the second drive? That would explain why it's not listed in "Programs & Features". If that is the case, you can just delete that orphaned folder.

Check the two Software lists in the Registry:
HKEY_Current_User > Software
HKEY_Local_Machine > Software

If that application is not listed under either key, then it isn't actually installed. All you have is an orphaned folder.
If the application is listed under one or both keys, but it's not listed for uninstalling in Programs & Features, you can re-install it and that should give you an uninstaller.

technomum

Thanks for that - sorry I have been unable to get back to you before now but I will try and sort this out asap and will let you know what I manage to do. I am totally confused because I also have an Ask.com toolbar folder on the same drive and this is something I declined to have when I downloaded Foxit reader recently. I seem to have got myself in a muddle at the moment but don't have much time to work on it.

technomum

Aha! I have it sorted. All this confusion started with Adobe Acrobat not printing from web pages and I downloaded Foxit reader - which caused the Ask toolbar to keep trying to enable itself. To cut a long story short, I took my IE settings back to basics which removed add-ons, then I uninstalled Adobe and Foxit, rebooted then re-installed Adobe Acrtobat - and wonder of wonders, not only have I managed to find and uninstall the Ask toolbar but my pdf files will print out at last. Thanks again for offering me help - I got there in the end!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online