Solved: Uninstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DPeach

My computer was turned off during an uninstall and now it will not boot. Is there something I can do?

DPeach

It starts to boot, and gets almost to the end of the bar then just stops short. I was trying to uninstall symantec live in order to install norton360

Try this

Last Known Good Configuration

• Re start your PC
  • Immediately on startup start tapping F8
  • About every second before the window screens
  • You should see a black screen with white writing
  • Use your arrow keys to select "Last Known Good Configuration"
  • Press Enter

blues_harp28

Try Safe Mode - Tap F 8 as it is starting.
If it makes it to safe mode - Click on Start>run>type
msconfig

Choose System Restore.
Choose date prior to the problem.

DPeach

There are files in quarintine when I tried to uninstall symantec. how do I know what they are and if I should delete them?

DPeach

Thank you for helping me, I am a real novice at computer stuff.

DPeach

I have to go to school now, I'm sorry. I really appreciate your help. When I have more time, I will log on and see if I can get help with the Norton stuff. Thank you again Megabite!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online