[SOLVED] Uninstallation problem-DEISL2.ISU corrupt or not found.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pcb

I have found that a couple of my son's Dorling Kindersley Educational programs (after not having been used for quite a time) would not function (either crash directly after launching, or not display correctly-some Quick Time issue possibly?).

I tried to uninstall them, but neither would do so, producing these errors:

"unable to locate install log file C:\ *****\********\DEISL2.ISU. Installion will not continue."
or
"log file C:\********\*******\DEISLU2.ISU is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallion will not continue".

I have tried re-installing on top of the previous installations but still programs would not work, nor uninstall.

Does anyone know either what happened, and how to get them uninstalled properly?

I am using 98se.

Many thanks for any help,
PcB

cybertech

Retired Moderator
You could try deleting the folder and then reinstall, that may clean things up so the uninstall will work properly.

pcb

Thanks cybertech,

I renamed the .isu files, then re-installed-all fine now...

Cheers,

PcB

pcb

I haven't tried that, as I wish to keep the progs onboard for now, but i don't see why they wouldn't.

cheers,

PcB

I am new to this site. I have the same problem, however, I have uninstalled the program , deleted the folder and it still will not let me reinstall. I am trying to install my HP CD-Writer. Can anyone help? Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts