1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: uninstalled Lexmark generates error messages at start-up...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by webzter, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

Hi;
    Using windows XP/control ctr/add-remove proram, uninstalled a Lexmark Inkjet printer. Restarting pc now produces following desktop error message ..."can't load DLXSUPMON.DLL..."- it will go away by xing-out the program and continuing, but its a real pain and a waste of time to deal with- Anyone with a suggestion how to remove/ stop it? I've checked for file remenants and everything appears to have been removed-
    many thanks in advance-

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Go Start | Run | type in "msconfig" with out the quotes then hit inter. Go to the start up tab and uncheck any reference to the Lexmark Supply monitor or any of the lexmark software for that matter. Select save then exit. It will require a restart for the changes to take effect. When you next start up you will get a configuration change notice. Check do not show and close it. you should be good do go. What is happening is your start up sequence is looking for the program that monitors you Lexmark Printer ink supply. But since you do have this program installed any longer it can not find it. This is what is generrating the error on start up. When you uncheck this in the Start up Configuration it will no longer look for the program and no longer give you that particular error.

3. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

dustyjay....outstanding... I have been using W2k for years and just started with XP literally yesterday- never thought about msconfig (kinda figured the problem existed with a start-up related problem though- (I'll return and mark resolve as soon as I'm done-)
    thanks again

4. webzter

webzter Thread Starter

worked-thanks again!

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    More than happy that I could be of help. Happy hacking!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!